Events

Photos: #SheHiveAbuja: Nasir el-Rufai, Amina Mohammed, Stephanie Coker & More Come Together to Empower Young Women

Adama Indimi and Aisha Abba Kyari

Recently, the premier community for young career and business women – She Leads Africa – held its innovative (travelling) bootcamp, the SheHive, in Abuja!

SheHive Abuja, which provided young and ambitious women with new skills in climbing the corporate ladder, negotiating, developing a pitch deck, identifying job opportunities, speaking with investors and more, was a highly rated success.

The bootcamp saw 100 attendees over the weekend. On Twitter the #SheHiveAbuja hashtag made 2.5 million impressions in one week, whilst on Instagram the hashtag made over 5.5 million impressions.

80% of participants gave the event a 5/5 in terms of usefulness with the remaining 20% giving the event a 4/5.

“One of the best decisions I have made was to keep up with She Leads Africa.” Adama Indimi, Style & Beauty Night host (Instagram @presido)

Speakers included Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai, Minister for Environment, Amina Mohammed, Chief of Staff to Kaduna governor, Hadiza Bala Usman (co-founder #BringBackOurGirls)leading lawyer Asue Ighodalo, as well as MTV Base and The Voice Presenter Stephanie Coker. These speakers covered topics including, Building a career in the public sector, How to Negotiate, Public Speaking, and How to orchestrate an Internationally Recognised Campaign.

Governor Nasir el-Rufai who was interviewed by his son Bello spoke passionately about the role and duty of men in ensuring gender equality in Nigeria.

Participants who purchased the exclusive All Access Pass also had surprise visits from 2 of Nigeria’s most prominent investors, the Nigerian Minister for Trade, Investment & Industry, as well as the Head of the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund. The Sovereign Wealth Fund head actually listened to some of the people’s pitches and requested a follow up meeting with one of the entrepreneurs!

“The sessions have been intimate which I really like. They have also sought to include us as much as possible by using our personal businesses to create practical scenarios.”  – Eyak Bob, All Access Pass holder (Instagram @eyak_bob)

All attendees walked away with FREE goodies from Lumo Naturals, Hairfinity, Maybelline NYC and Dark & Lovely, as well as a N1,000 gift certificate for Nkataa, Nigeria’s premiere online supermarket. The Nkataa team also gifted one of the lucky entrepreneurs with a N50,000 cash prize!

See Photos below:
Stephanie Coker (MTV Base Presenter) Asue Ighodalo (Founder, Banwo & Ighodalo) leading a session on negotiation strategies Adeshola Komolafe (CEO, MediaInsights Nigeria) teaching a session on Marketing Adama Indimi, Lola (MD Blinxx Lashes) and Stephanie Coker (MTV Base Presenter)

H.E Dr Bagudu (First Lady Kebbi State and Founder Medicaid Raidology) teaching a session on Health & Wellness in your 20s and 30s

Dr Hadiza Audu (Consultant Psychiatrist for Gede Foundation) speaking about mental health and wellness

H.E. Hon. Min. Amina Mohammed (Minsiter of Environment) poses with attendees after her speech

Lola OJ (MD Blinx Lashes) speaking about makeup tips for the busy professional. Being interviewed by Adama Indimi (SheHive Abuja Host Committee member)

Hakeem Belo-Osagie (Chairman Etisalat) and H.E Gov. El Rufai (Gov of Kaduna state)

Founder Alteq, Dr Armstrong Takang SLA 1-05-16-207 sla-70Attendees learning from Banwo & Ighodalo founder, Asue IghodaloDr Hadiza Audu (Consultant Psychiatrist for Gede Foundation) speaking about mental health and wellness

CREDIT: BELLA NAIJA

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s